Great North Heating provides quality service, repair and inspections for all HVAC products and systems.
Check out our HVAC maintenance packages and competitive pricing here!
Regular maintenance can include:
Furnace Cleanings – Recommended annually to ensure efficient operation of your heating system. Includes inspection and thorough cleaning of the furnace unit and all of its components such as the motor and fan; cleaning air filters and/or re-installing them; cleaning burners and setting them for proper combustion and ignition.
A/C Cleanings – Recommended annually to ensure efficient operation of your cooling unit. Includes inspection of the unit, checking refrigerant, thorough cleaning of condenser and evaporator (aka. indoor and outdoor coils) and all of its components.
Inspections of your heating or cooling system can include some or all of the following:
- A safety test for carbon monoxide (CO) – Always;
- Start and stop unit;
- Confirm proper operation of thermostat;
- Check filter condition and confirm type;
- Checking for hazardous debris in the chimney and flue;
- Checking the operation of thermostat and safety controls;
- Check capacitor, condenser and compressor;
- Check condition of drain pan and condensate line;
- Check external wiring and electrical safety;
- Checking the gas pilot safety system and cleaning it when required;
- Checking operation of blower, ventor, vent damper, and safety limit controls;
- Checking the condition, tension and alignment of the fan belt and performing required adjustments;
- Check condition of return and supply air;
- Checking burners and setting them for proper combustion and ignition; and
- Checking the gas piping to the unit.
Check out our competitive maintenance packages here for more details!